Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
Tuesday, March 27th, 2018 | 12-1:30 p.m. CT
Medical respite care is a critical component in the continuum of health care for people experiencing homelessness. While communities nationwide are developing medical respite programs to close the gap in care faced by people with no safe place to heal after a hospital stay, the concept of medical respite care is still new.
Please join us as administrators and clinicians from five medical respite programs across the country provide a comprehensive overview of medical respite programming and operations. In this webinar, speakers will discuss types of medical respite programs, clinical and behavioral health staffing, establishing community partnerships, developing outcome measures, and resources for starting a program. This webinar is designed for anyone interested in learning about medical respite care.
- Donna Biederman, DrPH, MN, RN, Assistant Professor, Duke University School of Nursing, Durham, NC
- Chauna Brocht, LCSW-C, Director of Supportive Services, Health Care for the Homeless Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
- Kim Despres, BSN, DHA, Program Director, Circle the City, Phoenix, AZ
- Shakoya Green, MA, MSW, Recuperative Care Director, Pathway Recuperative Care, Los Angeles, CA
- David Munson, MD, Medical Director, Barbara McInnis House, Boston, MA
- Moderator: Julia Dobbins, MSW, Project Manager, NHCHC, Nashville, TN
Archived Webinar Video
Webinar: View on YouTube.