The Respite Care Providers’ Network is the preeminent national voice for those who are simply too ill to recover in the streets. We support the development of new and existing medical respite care programs through education, client advocacy, networking and research. In addition to hosting an annual conference and other training events, we provide comprehensive respite resources and information.
The mission of RCPN is to improve the health status of individuals who are homeless by supporting programs that provide medical respite care and related services.
Join the Respite Care Providers’ Network
The Respite Care Providers’ Network operates as a Standing Committee of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council. We invite your participation at the following levels:
- Join the Respite Care Providers’ Network by becoming an Individual Member of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council. On the Individual Membership Application form, simply choose the RCPN membership option, and elect to receive Respite & Care News.
- List your program in the Medical Respite Program Directory. Contact the Medical Respite Coordinator for more information.
- Become an Organizational Member of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council.
- Nominate yourself or a colleague to serve on the RCPN Steering Committee. Open positions are announced in January of each year in Respite News and on this webpage.
- Nominate a person, team, or agency for the Willie J. Mackey National Medical Respite Award. Nominations for 2023 will close on March 8th
2020-2021 RCPN Steering Committee (effective July 1, 2020)
The mission of the Respite Care Providers’ Network (RCPN) is to improve the health status of individuals who are homeless by supporting programs that provide medical respite care and related services. The RCPN Steering Committee works to achieve this mission.
Donna Biederman, DrPH, MN, RN (VICE CHAIR)
Duke University School of Nursing
Ashley Brand, MA, MPH, CPH
Director, Community and Homeless Health
Melissa Brown, LICSW
Manager, Edward Thomas House
Harborview Medical Center
Devora Keller, MD, MPH
Clinical and Care Transitions Lead
San Francisco Medical Respite
San Francisco, CA
LaSonya Kelly, LCSW-C
Manager, Health Care for the Homeless
Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
Pamela Kerr, MSW
Susannah King, MSW, LICSW
Social Work Unit Supervisor
Hennepin County Health Care for the Homeless
Brooks Ann McKinney, MSW
Director of Vulnerable Populations
Cone Health and Hospitals/Triad Health Network ACO
David Munson, MD (CHAIR)
Barbara McInnis House
Annie Nicol, FNP, PA
Director of Homeless Services
Petaluma Health Center
Miriah Nunnaley, RN
Respite Nurse Manager
Colorado Coalition for the Homeless
Randy Pinnelli, PA
Care Link – Community Medical Centers, Inc.
Complex Care Program Manager
Central City Concern
The Respite Care Providers’ Network offers a rich community of fellowship to support frontline administrators, clinicians, consumers, and advocates—and improve their care for those who need it most.
NIMRC Director, Programs and Services