The Respite Care Providers’ Network is the preeminent national voice for those who are simply too ill to recover in the streets. We support the development of new and existing medical respite care programs through education, client advocacy, networking and research. In addition to hosting an annual conference and other training events, we provide comprehensive respite resources and information.
The mission of RCPN is to improve the health status of individuals who are homeless by supporting programs that provide medical respite care and related services.
Join the Respite Care Providers’ Network
The Respite Care Providers’ Network operates as a Standing Committee of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council. We invite your participation at the following levels:
- Join the Respite Care Providers’ Network by becoming an Individual Member of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council. On the Individual Membership Application form, simply choose the RCPN membership option, and elect to receive Respite & Care News.
- List your program in the Medical Respite Program Directory. Contact the Medical Respite Manager for more information.
- Become an Organizational Member of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council.
- Nominate yourself or a colleague to serve on the RCPN Steering Committee. Open positions are announced in January of each year in Respite News and on this webpage.
- Nominate a person, team, or agency for the Willie J. Mackey National Medical Respite Award. (Nominations for the 2024 Willie J. Macky Award are open until February 29, 2024.)
2023-2024 RCPN Steering Committee
The mission of the Respite Care Providers’ Network (RCPN) is to improve the health status of individuals who are homeless by supporting programs that provide medical respite care and related services. The RCPN Steering Committee works to achieve this mission.
Ashley Brand, MA, MPH, CPH
CommonSpirit Health Sacramento, CA
Brandon Cook, MBA-HA
New Horizon Family Health Services Inc.
LaSonya Kelly, LCSW-C
Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
Hilary King, LMHC, SUDP
Edward Thomas House Medical Respite
Susannah King, MSW, LICSW
Hennepin County HCH
Omar Marrero, BA
Barbara McInnis House
Brooks Ann McKinney, MSW
Laurel Nelson, EMNA
Center for Respite Care
Annie Nicol, FNP, PA
Petaluma Health Center
Miriah Nunnaley, RN, BSN
Colorado Coalition for the Homeless
Gargi Cooper, FNP
Deborah Smith Walsh Recuperative Care Center/Lynn Community Health Center
Interfaith Works Homeless Services
Liz Locatelli, LCSW, ACM, CCM, CMAC
New Directions – A program of Peninsula Healthcare Connection
San Jose, CA
The Respite Care Providers’ Network offers a rich community of fellowship to support frontline administrators, clinicians, consumers, and advocates—and improve their care for those who need it most.
NIMRC Director, Programs and Services